Thomas Paine, Jr ., son of Thomas Paine, b. 18 Jan 1612, Kent, England; d. 16 Aug 1706, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; m. Jul 1650, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA to Mary Snow , daughter of Nicholas & Constance (Hopkins) Snow , b. ca. 1630, Plymouth, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts; d. 28 Apr 1704, Eastham, Massachusetts.
Occupation: Selectman & Military Member.
IN THE NAME OF GOD, AMEN.
The twelfth day of May, 1705, I Thomas Paine
of Eastham, in ye County of
Barnstable, in ye Province of Massachusetts Bay, being aged and weak in body,
but of sufficient mind and memory
thanks be given to God-therefore calling to mind the mortality of my knowing
that it is appointed for all men once to die, do make and ordain this my Last
Will and Testament that is to say, principally and first of all, I give and
recommend my soul into ye hands of God that gave it, and my body I recommend to
the earth to be buried in decent Christian burial at ye disposition of my
Executors, nothing doubting but at ye general resurrection I shall receive ye
same again by the mighty power of God. And
as touching such worldly estate wherewith it hat pleased God to bless me in this
life, I give, demise and dispose of the same in ye following manner and form.
Imp. I give and bequeth my son
, his heirs and assigns forever all my lands, mills, hose and housing at
Keaskokagansett in the town of Eastham, with all my right, title to all town’s
privileges, and my two shares in ye land purchased of Mr. Samuel Smith, called
the ten pound purchase; also my meadow lying on or by Sampson’s Island and my
share of meadow which lies to the southward of Porchy Island, which was granted
me by ye town in ye year of our Lord, 1703.
Imp. I give my daughter,
Mary, the wife of Israel Cole
, ten shillings in money all the rest and residue of my estate, both real and
personal goods and chattels what so ever, I give and bequeath to be equally
divided to and among my children, viz: Samuel
, Thomas Paine, Elisha Paine
, John Paine
, Nicholas Paine, James Paine
, Joseph Paine
, the wife of Benjamin,
and three eldest children of Mary,
my daughter, the wife of Israel Cole, viz.
, Mary Cole
(that is to say) the said children
of my said daughter shall have (with the ten shillings she is to have) one share
of equal portion with ye rest of my said children, which shall be equally
divided among them. And I do hereby
constitute, make and ordain my two sons Samuel and Thomas Paine to be ye
Executors of this my Last Will and Testament and I do hereby utterly disallow,
revoke and disannul all and every former Testament and Will.
Thomas & Mary (Snow) Paine had nine (9) children:
, b. 1652, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. 13 Oct6 1712, Eastham, Barnstable
Co., MA; m. 31 Jan 1682, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA to Patience Freeman
, daughter of John & Mercy (Prence) Freeman
, b. aft. 1650; d. 15 Feb 1745, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA.
2. Mary Paine , b. ca. 1650, Eastham, Massachusetts
3. Capt. Thomas Paine , Esq. , b. 1657, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; m. 5 Aug 1678, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA to Hannah Snow , b. ca. 1661, probably Lakenham, Plymouth, Plymouth Colony, MA.
4. Elisha Paine , b. 10 Mar 1658, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. 7 Feb 1735, Canterbury, CT; m. 20 Jan 1685, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA to Rebecca Doane , daughter of John & Hannah (Bangs) Doane , b. 12 May 1668, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. 19 Dec 1758, Canterbury, CT.
5. John Paine , Deacon , b. 14 Mar 1660, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. 18 Oct 1731, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; m 1st 14 Mar 1688, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA to Bennett Freeman ; m 2nd 3 Mar 1719, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA to Alice Mayo . John Paine was a boat builder.
6. Nicholas Paine , b. Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. bef. 16 Jan 1732, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; m. ca. 1699, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA to Hannah Higgin.
7. James Paine , b. 6 Jul 1665, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. 12 Nov 1728, Barnstable, Essex Co., MA; m. to Bethiah Thatcher.
8. Joseph Paine , b. 1667, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. 1 Oct 1712, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; m. 27 May 1691 to Patience Sparrow , daughter of Jonathan & Hannah (Prence) Sparrow , b. bef. 25 Oct 1675, Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. 25 Oct 1745, Barnstable, Essex Co., MA; Patience Paine m 2nd 23 Nov 1715, Barnstable, Essex Co., MA to John Jenkins
9. Dorcas Paine , b. Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA; d. 30 Oct 1707, Hull, Massachusetts; m to Benjamin Vickery , son of George & Rebecca (Phippen) Vickery , b. ca. 1644, Hull, MA; d. 10 Jan 1718, Hull MA.
2. Mary Paine, daughter of Thomas & Mary (Snow) Paine , b. ca. 1650, Eastham, Massachusetts; m 1st ca. 1670, Eastham, MA to James Rogers , son of Joseph & Hannah (Unknown) Rogers , b. 18 Oct 1648, Eastham, Massachusetts; m 2nd to Israel Cole [i], son of Daniel & Ruth (Chester) Cole , b. 8 Jan 1652/1653, Eastham, Massachusetts.
James & Mary (Paine) Rogers had three (3) children:
, b. 30 Oct 1673
1.2. Mary Rogers , b. 9 Nov 1675; d. ca. 1731; m. to John Cole .
1.3. Abigail Rogers , b. ca. 1677
Israel & Mary (Paine) Cole had two (2) children:
, b. 28 Jun 1681; m. Israel Higgins
, b. ca. 1650.
1.5. Israel Cole , II , b. 28 Jun 1685, Eastham, Massachusetts.