"Windows Into Our Past A Genealogy of the Garton, Smith & Associated Families, Volume 2", compiled by Judy Parsons Smith © 2003
John Zimmerman , Sr., m. Ursula Blankenbaker.
John & Ursula (Blankenbaker) Zimmerman, Sr. had a son:
· John Zimmerman , Jr., d. 1819.
John Zimmerman [i], d. 1819; m 1st Katherine Unknown ; m 2nd Unknown.
John & Katherine (Unknown) Z immerman had:
· Elizabeth Zimmerman
Elizabeth Zimmerman , daughter of John & Katherine (Unknown) Zimmerman , Jr. , b. 1752; d. after 1850; m. 1780, Culpeper Co., VA to William Pinegar , Sr., son of Peter & Mary Magdalena (Ziegler) Banninger /Pinegar, 1755, Culpeper Co., VA; d. Nov 1813, Stokes Co., NC.
She was 98 in 1850 Census.
Served as a private in Captain John Gillison ’s Company of the 6th Virginia Regiment in the Continental Line, 1778-1779[ii]. He was also a member of the classes from which draftees were selected in Culpeper Co in 1781 and he furnished supplies for the troops[iii].
William & Elizabeth (Zimmerman) Pinegar had eight (8) children:
· Nancy Pinegar , b. 1782, Culpeper Co., NC; d. aft. 1860, Stokes Co., NC; m. 28 Sept 1807, Stokes Co., NC to Jacob Smith , son of Peter/Pieter & Elizabeth [or Mary] (Kobel) Smith /Schmit , b. 1780, Stokes Co., NC
· William Pinegar , Jr. , b. 1784, Culpeper Co., VA; d. 1820; m. Barbara Unknown [iv], b. ca. 1788.
· Sarah Pinegar , b. 1787, Culpeper Co., VA; m 2 Sept 1806, Stokes Co., NC to Solomon Kimbrough , son of Thomas & Faitha/Taitha (Johnigain/Jernigan) Kimbrough .
· Mary ‘Polly’ Pinegar , b. 1790, Stokes Co., NC
· Elizabeth ‘Betsy’ Pinegar , b. 1792, Stokes Co., NC; d. 1835.
· Susannah Pinegar , b. 1794, Stokes Co., NC; m. possibly Jacob Nelson , son of Unknown & Elizabeth (Unknown) Nelson [v], b. ca. 1790, Stokes Co., NC.
· Leonard ‘Lenwood’ Pinegar, b. 1794, Culpeper Co., VA or 1796, Stokes Co., NC; d. 1835, Dickson Co., TN (left will there); m. 8 Aug 1817 to Susannah Zimmerman , b. 1794.
· Margaret ‘Peggy’ Pinegar , b. 1799, Culpeper Co., VA; m. 30 Jan 1818, Stokes Co., NC to Matthew Burton , b. 1794, Stokes Co., NC
Information See Pinegar
Culpeper Will Book H, p149; Culpeper Deed Books F., p 426; Culpeper Deed
Books I, p. 223; Stokes county Estate Papers of William Pinegar
[ii] National Archives, Compiled Service Records, Revolutionary War; Historical Register of Virginians in the Revolution, by John H. gwathmey, (1958), pp. 615-161, 626.
[iii] An Eighteenth Century Perspective: Culpeper County, by Mary Stevens Jones, p. 38; Virginia Public Service Claims, Culpeper court Booklet II, p. 15
[iv] Stokes Co, NC Estate File 1820
[v] His mother was living in their home in Dickson County, TN at the time of the 1850 Census.