Abraham Green

"Windows Into Our Past A Genealogy of Lewis Green & Associated Families, Volume 6", compiled by Judy Parsons Smith © 2005

Abraham Green

3 Aug 1731 – At a vestry meeting at Ferry Chapple (sic), Abraham  and William Green  were among those appointed as Processioners of land for the purpose of dividing Bristol Parish into precincts.  Wm. & Abraham were to be processioners ‘from the mouth of the sweat house (?) up the north side the sweat house and the south side the main Deep Creek to the Extent – (?).

Ferry Chapel was one of the two early churches of Bristol Parish and was located on the north side of the Appomattox River across the river from the area of City Creek and the early settlement of Broadway.  Old Blandford Church , now within the city limits of Petersburg , was not built until 1734.

On 9 Oct 1733 William  and Abraham Green  each buys 400 acres of land on Deep Creek from John Tally , all parties of Prince George County .

Abraham Green  has no record of children in the Bristol Parish Records, however the following slaves are recorded:

·             Patty Green , b. 18 Dec 1731
·            
Johannah Green , b. 25 May 1731
·            
Dick Green , b. 26 Feb 1734