Joseph England .
This was before Pike Co. separated from Floyd. I haven't located the Joseph, father to Joseph of 1809 marriage
Joseph England (Ingle ), son of Joseph England , b. ca. 1785, NC[i]; m. 3 Aug 1809, Floyd Co., KY to Candace “Dicy” Osborn , daughter of Solomon & Hanner (Unknown) Osborne , [Solomon Osborne , son of Enoch & Jane (Hash) Osborne , b. Dec 1765, near Dungannan VA; m. Hannah Bowling , daughter of Benjamin of Salisbury , NC].
Joseph England had a (1) son, mother unknown:
1. Flemming Ingles , b. 1802, KY. On 1850 RCV Census. Born before 1809 marriage of Joseph to Candace Unknown . Possibly Joseph had another previous wife??
& Candace (Osborne)
, b. ca. 1809
(a Wm. on 1840 RCV, not on 1850, in 1850 Letcher is Eliza Ingle
1809, possible? Also a Wm. on 1850 Greenup I haven’t checked)
3. Henry England , b. ca. 1813; m. to Nancy Unknown , b 1813; Henry on 1840 RCV, not on 1850, a single Nancy b 1813 on 1850 RCV could be widow?? Her ch. George , James , Ibby 1815 ? Daniel on 1850 RCV, and 1860 Letcher CK 1818 Mary md to Joseph Hammons 25 Apr 39, PCK
4. Nathan England , b. 1817, Russell Co., VA[iii]
5. Solomon England , b. 1823; m 1st to Polly Unknown ; m 2nd to Arnett Unknown .
7. Susannah Ingles , b. 1825; m. Letcher Co., KY to James Wright [she had sons: Joseph & Henry ]
10. Mary England
(The names: Sherwood, Ruel, Solomon, & Enoch are all used by Osbornes frequently)
Henry Ingle , b. 1750-60.
He who lived in Perry Co KY may be a close relative to this family and some of the children may be of Henry.
Rev. War Pension Appl. Russell Co, Va filed 1832 Henry Ingle , filed 8 Jan 1833, found page 428, Law Order Bk 9 Rev. War Pension, RCV filed 1818, Henry Ingles , Law Order Bk 6.
& Thomas Engles
were brothers in Burke's
There was a query by Mrs. Albert Kautes
, b 1760-70, VA; d. 1844
John 045 poss. s/o Joseph
Sebria (?Bird) 043 poss. s/o Joseph
Inyard Abner 022 (part of Enyard family connected to Issac Roberts )
Joseph England had three (3) children:
, b. 1791, VA
3. Sarah England , b 1809, TN; m to William Wilkins
One notation states that there is a book entitled “Samuel and Joseph England ”.
1. John England , b 1 Apr 1767; bapt. 31 May 1767; m 22 Feb 1786 Amherst Co., VA to Mary Parsons
2. Mary England , b 28 Jan 1769
3. Anna England , b 11 May 1771
4. William England , b 15 May 1773
5. Patty England , b 15 Jun 1775; m. to Robert Evans
6. Sally England , m. to John Tate
9. Jane England (infant 1802)
James England m 1 Oct 1767 Mary Webber both of Goochland
David England m Lucy Hodges 12 Nov 1772 both of Goochland
Mary England m James Page 16 May 1765 both of Goochland.
Ann England m William Page 11 Dec 1764 both of Goochland
Marianne England m John Clements 29 Aug 1771
Susannah England m William Martin 19 Dec 1776
Margaret England m Stephen Grimes 18 Oct 1778
1. John England , son of William Anderson & Elizabeth (Fairies) England , b 1 Apr 1767 Goochland, Va; d 18-Mar-1840 Scott, VA; bur. England Cemetery, Scott, VA; m 22 Feb 1786[iv], Amherst Co, VA to Mary Parsons , daughter of John Parson s.
John England applied for pension Hawkins Co., TN in 1843 at age 84, b 1779.
(There must have been a son John England , Jr. from census reports of Lee Co see Lee Co data) 1806 Lee Co Land TX: John Anglin 100 A.
1815 Lee Co Tx list: John Anglen —Wallings Cr.
Miney Anglen -Wallings Cr.
1820 Scott Co, VA John England males: 2 under 15, 1 under 18, 1 over
45; females 2 under 16, 1 over 45
& Mary (Parsons)
1.1. Elijah England
1.3. Joseph England (probably b. too late to be father of Joseph b 1785??) Birth of FCK Joseph, 1785 comes from 1860 PCK census age 75. Often old people ages were overstated in census. The FCK Joseph gave his father's name as Joseph.
1.4. George England
1.5. Nancy England
b 1796 VA md 22-Aug-1818 to Enoch
1.7. Andrew England b 19-May-1802; d 3-May-1872, md Catherine Fisher , daughter of Henry Fisher & Happy Riddle said Catherine full-blooded Cherokee over 7' tall had Mary England m Samuel Arrington (correspondence Jack Goins , g/son Rt 2 Box 275 Rogersville, TN 37857)
1.8. Martha England b 1796, d 1870
9. Jane England , daughter of John & Mary (Parsons) England , b 1799, Lee VA; m. to Obediah ‘Dyer’ Lawson [v], [aka Dyer/Adiah[vi]/Obediah] son David & Mary Lawson , b. 1793-98[vii], Hawkins Co., TN[viii]; d. 1 Nov 1880, age 80 yrs, 9 months, Lee Co., VA.
& Jane (
9.1. Russell Lawson [ix], b. 1820[x], Lee Co, d. 1874, Scott Co., VA; m 1848, Elizabeth Bloomer [xi], daughter of Nehemiah & Mary (Bledsoe) Bloomer .
9.2. Elizabeth Lawson , b. 1822, VA
9.3. Miss Lawson [xii]
9.4. Miss Lawson [xiii]
9.5. Matilda Lawson , b. 1825[xiv]; d. 2 Sep 1867[xv], age 39; m. 1 Jan 1843[xvi] to Joseph Willis .
9.6. Ira Lawson , b. 1830; m to Jane Gincey Ann Roller , daughter of Amos & Elizabeth (Rogers) Roller .
John "Butter" Lawson
, b 1832; d. ca. 1910, drowned in
9.8. Stokely Lawson , b. 1836; m. to Elizabeth Minor , daughter of Zachariah & Aggie Minor .
, b. 6 Oct 1837; d. 20 Feb 1880, Tansy Co., MO; bur. Rogers Cemetery; m 11 Jan
1855 to Arthur Rogers
. They went to Lee Co., then Taney
Co., MO. Then his children went onto
9.10. Enoch Lawson b 7 Nov 1841 d 15 Jan 1912 m. to Lucy Roller , daughter of Amos & Elizabeth (Rogers) Roller , b 20 Sep 1846 d 26 Feb 1923.
[i] per 1860 PCK census
[ii] 1810-1830 census s/b 5 sons & 4 dtrs
[iii] 1850 RCV census
[iv] Witnesses: John Massey, Charles Hay
#1686 Scott Co 1860
[vi] He is listed on nearly all records as Dyer, but his 2nd wife listed him as Adah on his death certificate.
[vii] Christine Wilson give the date ca. 1795.
[viii] Christine Wilson.
[ix] Christine Wilson.
[x] Christine Wilson.
[xi] #1688 Scott Co 1860
[xii] 1830 Lee Co census
[xiii] 1830 Lee Co census
[xiv] Christine Wilson.
[xv] Christine Wilson.
[xvi] Christine Wilson.